GENEVA, SWITZERLAND — Luum Awards, the festival for creativity and strategy, has launched with a top-tier panel of judges made up of leaders and professional communication managers of NGOs and associations; as well as directors and managers of multinational and independent creative agencies, to reward the best creative works that foster social, civic or environmental awareness from the 5 continents.
This team, made up of 80 judges, includes: Juan Luis Isaza, Presidente y VP Strategy and Innovation Latin America (DDB); Laura Durán, Dir. de Prensa y Comunicaciones (Amnistía Internacional); Genna Ingold, Communications Manager (Kofi Annan Foundation), Aimee Nsimire, Oficial de Comunicaciones (OIT / ONU Organización Internacional del Trabajo); Sabrina Espeche, Coordinadora RRSS y Contenidos (Cruz Roja); Itziar Badia, Dir. de Marketing y Captación Digital (WWF); Eduardo Basque (McCann Health); Juan José Ayerza, CEO (Techo); Santiago Losada, Regional Creative Director (Leo Burnett); Lisseth Sandoval, Dir. Ambiental Regional Caribe y Centroamérica (Argos); Kathleen Holmlund, Communications Manager (Giving Women) y Alfonso Arbós (Wunderman Thompson Finlandia), Manuel Frank, Chief Creative Officer Germany & Global Creative Chair for Health (Edelman), Abhinay Bhasin, Vice President (Asia Pacific), Data Sciences (Dentsu International) Santiago Cuesta, Chief Creative Officer (VMLY&R), Catalina Arrechea, Digital Marketing Associate (Dentsu International), Montse Ramírez, Head of Campaigns and Projects Communication (FELGTB), among others.
Luum Awards presents 7 novel proposals, being the first festival of its type:
- Only Gold: Luum only awards Gold medals, there are no second or third place awards. That is to say that the festival only awards medals to the best of the best.
- Free Registration: Entry registration is free and only winners pay award rights (only gold).
- Equality: There are no jury presidents, no academic hierarchies. All the judges are top-tier and their evaluations are made at different times during the judging period.
- Democratic: All participants, regardless of size, brand or nationality, are given the same amount of opportunities to upload their entries at no cost: 4.
- Fairness: Luum meets gender quotas: 50% of the judges are men and 50% of the judges are women.
- Diversity: The judges panel is composed primarily of talented global advertising and marketing professionals from well-known associations and communities, however, governmental and non-governmental entities may also participate.
- Luum Awards is the only festival in the world to reward messages of social, environmental and animal rights awareness.
The award ceremony will take place in the incredible city of Geneva (Switzerland), a city known for being the main venue for conferences and summits related to environmental issues and social issues. Additionally, it offers a wide range of tourist attractions, ranging from wonderful landscapes to a national gastronomy that allows visitors to taste a variety of regional delicacies.
Important Dates and Information:
Headquarters 2021: Geneva, Switzerland
Registration opens and case submission opens: June 10
Case Registration Closes: September 19
Awards Ceremony: November 4
This is the best opportunity to prove that we are agents of change and that we are much more than just great ideas for companies and advertisers – Luum Awards