PARIS, FRANCE – Gerety announces a brand refresh and new website with its 2021 jury which includes some of the world’s most respected advertising and marketing leaders.
The new look comes from London-based brand story-telling studio, Here.We.Go. Its founder, Louise Sloper, says, “It has been a pleasure to work on this change-making brand. As a jury member of the inaugural Gerety Awards myself, its mission to level-up the voices of many incredible female creatives was something we were keen to highlight in the brand refresh. We have worked on the UX and visual elements of the new website, giving the jury members prominence. You’re basically hit with a wall of names, which challenges the status quo of many other awards schemes. The tone-of-voice is feminine but confident, elegant but edgy. It was important to retain some of the original branding, such as the strong purple palette, whilst updating elements such as the logo. The concept of light refraction and the brilliance of a perfectly cut diamond reflects the quality of the awards and the women who are part of it. The beauty that happens in the detail was important to the work.”
The 2021 Grand Jury from Asia includes:
- Kelly Woh, Group Creative Director, Ogilvy, China.
- Gigi Lee, Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\Group Malaysia.
- Frederique Covington Corbett, SVP Marketing Asia Pacific, Visa, Singapore.
- Joey David Tiempo, Founder & Chief Creative, Octopus & Whale, Philippines.
- Hira Mohibullah, Executive Creative Director, BBDO, Pakistan.
- Tara Weerasinghe, Group Head – Creative, Leo Burnett, Sri Lanka.
- Jax Jung, Global Creative Director, Cheil, South Korea.
- Srividya Gopani, Director, Brand & Consumer Marketing, Asia Pacific & China, LinkedIn, India.
With its mission of changing the narrative around female leadership by reinforcing the value in the female vision of advertising, the 2021 Gerety Awards will continue to define the standard to which advertising should be held and show clients the best way to target the world’s most powerful consumers.
There will be a total of 10 executive judging sessions held around the world, the ambassadors are:
- Kirsten Rutherford, Group Creative Director, TBWA\Chiat\Day LA, USA
- Elizabeth Valleau, Global Creative Lead, Facebook, UK
- Kaitlin Doherty, Managing Director, The Local Collective, Canada
- Uma Rudd Chia, Creative Director, Weber Shandwick, Singapore
- Gbemi Adekanmbi, Founder, For Creative Girls, Nigeria
- Valentina Amenta, Creative Director FCB, Italy
- Karolina Galácz, Creative Director DDB Budapest, Hungary
- Antoinette Hoes, Strategy Lead, Germany
- Fabienne Fiorucci, Creative Director Dare.win, France
- Ingrid Bragemann, Executive Director Tantor Films, Chile
- Maribel Maneiro, Creative Director Raya, Chile
Here.We.Go Designer George Stockley notes, “There are 58 facets on a brilliant-cut diamond, which you may not always notice, but they are important. This attention to detail is also what makes Gerety so well cut… the ‘critical angle’ of 24.4 degrees has been carefully applied throughout the brand system, and the story of the diamond is always being told. Right down to the primary colour inspired by the shade of a diamond polishing wheel”.
Gerety’s Co-Founder Lucia Ongay concludes “The attention to detail has really blown us away. The brand refresh re-emphasizes the Gerety purpose and is a perfect showcase for the 2021 jury and beyond.”
The Gerety Awards will announce the full Executive Jury and open for entries in January. See all of the Grand Jury and Ambassadors at www.geretyawards.com