The Islamabad-based agency won One Asia Agency of Year honors, and took home Best of Show for “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration” on behalf of Telenor Pakistan, who was named Client of the Year and picked up the CMO Award for the work. Overall, the agency won two Gold, two Silver and one Bronze, all for the Telenor Pakistan campaign.
Other One Asia special award winners include:
- Independent Agency of the Year: Special Group New Zealand Auckland
- Network of the Year: Ogilvy Group
- Production Company of the Year: Sweetshop Auckland
- Green Award: LIFULL Tokyo for its own “Bamboo Sweets”
A total of 19 Gold, 20 Silvers, 29 Bronze and 59 Merit awards were won to agencies and brands in 14 countries and regions. Taiwan had the most Golds with four, followed by Hong Kong-SAR and Japan with three each, and Australia, New Zealand and Pakistan with two each.
The first annual One Asia rankings will be announced on March 7, based on the number of winning entries for this year’s awards.
One Asia Gold winners are as follows:
- Dentsu Tokyo “Tuna Scope 2020” for Kura Sushi in Innovation, Product Innovation
- Dentsu Tokyo “Tuna Scope 2020” for Kura Sushi in Innovation, Digital Service Innovation
- dentsuMB Taiwan Taipei “In Love We Trust” for Sinyi Realty in Branded Entertainment, Branded Video & Film
- Forsman & Bodenfors Singapore “The Flow” for Gojek in Film & Video Craft, Production Design
- Hakuhodo Tokyo “Hair Album” for Takara Belmont Corporation in Film & Video Craft, Animation
- Happiness Saigon “Lay’s Crispy Subtitles” for Lay’s Vietnam in Digital Craft, Music & Sound
- M&C Saatchi Sydney “Thrive by Five” for The Minderoo Foundation in Branded Entertainment, Talents & Influencer
- M&C Saatchi Sydney “Thrive by Five” for The Minderoo Foundation in Public Service & CSR, Non-Profit
- Ogilvy Hong Kong “Pizza Hut x IKEA SÄVA” for Pizza Hut Hong Kong in Branded Entertainment, Co-Branding
- Ogilvy Hong Kong “Pizza Hut x IKEA SÄVA” for Pizza Hut Hong Kong in Integrated, Brand Partnerships
- Ogilvy Hong Kong “Pizza Hut x IKEA SÄVA” for Pizza Hut Hong Kong in Public Relations, Brand Partnerships
- Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration” for Telenor Pakistan in Creative Effectiveness, Consumer/Brand
- Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration” for Telenor Pakistan in Direct Marketing, Social Media/Online
- Ogilvy Taiwan Taipei “Uni-form” for Vogue in Design, Product Design
- Ogilvy Taiwan Taipei “Uni-form” for Vogue in Integrated, Brand Partnerships
- Ogilvy Taiwan Taipei “Uni-form” for Vogue in Public Relations, Brand Partnerships
- Special Group New Zealand Auckland “Meddle in the New Zealand Election” for Every Kiwi Vote Counts in Direct Marketing, Integrated Campaign
- Special Group New Zealand Auckland “Meddle in the New Zealand Election” for Every Kiwi Vote Counts in Film & Video, Online Film & Video
- Wolf BKK Bangkok “Shop Unfriend” for Central Department Store in Film & Video, Online Film & Video
Entries were received from 17 countries and regions in APAC, with winners representing 14. For the complete list of Gold, Silver, Bronze, Merit and special awards, please visit the One Asia Creative Awards website.
A jury of more than 70 top creatives from 17 APAC countries and regions — as well as a handful of international creative leaders — judged this year’s entries.
“After expanding The One Show Greater China Program to the whole Asia Pacific region with The One Show Asia Showcase in 2020, we launched One Asia Creative Awards with the aim to elevate the work of unique Asian cultures,” said Ma Chao, Chief Representative for what is now known as The One Club Asia office. “Using the world’s top judging standards, One Asia inspired the industry by showcasing the best creative works in Asia Pacific on the global stage.”
He added that much of the work entered was inspiring, delivering the optimistic spirit during the pandemic. “It’s been very challenging to create great works during the pandemic, but we believe in the power of creativity because it is a form of currency for the future, and it connects and unites us as one,” he said.
The One Club Greater China office was founded in 2000, hosting a series of youth events in China, and added The One Show Greater China Awards and related Creative Week program eight years ago. In the past 20 years, the team has focused on promoting creativity in the APAC region, and greater communications between Greater China and the global industry. This expanded focus prompted the office to rebrand this year as The One Club Asia.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards, Type Directors Club Communication Design, and Typeface Design awards, Young Guns and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. Established in 1921, the global ADC Annual Awards is the world’s longest continuously running creative award for advertising and design, honoring excellence in craft, design and innovation. Creative Week takes place in May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.