KYIV, UKRAINE — Make the world a better place is the main message that the festival wants to convey to creators all over the world. Making the world better, safer, more tolerant, more responsible has become an urgent task for humanity. Creative communications play an important role in such changes.
The focus of the Kyiv International Advertising Festival (KIAF) contest program on socially significant communications makes it possible to draw the attention of creators from all over the world to the topic of social, ethical, environmental and other problems that are currently troubling society and inspire the society to make the world a better place.
KIAF 2023 will celebrate the most creative works of socially significant communications, and these initiatives are aimed:
- to educate, change perception, inspire action toward helping the environment,
- to fight against discrimination (racial, ethnic, religious etc.) by promoting empowerment, equality, rights, tolerance,
- to achieve gender equality and empowerment for all,
- to reduce poverty and hunger everywhere,
- to support, protect, and conserve animals and wildlife,
- to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development.
In the 2023 season it is presented a special contest PEACE, created for works and campaigns that against war, aggression, genocide, crimes against humanity, including the current war in Ukraine. Among the priorities in this contest are to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, reduce violence, combat crime and terrorism, combat organized crime and illicit financial and arms flows, etc.
The contest program includes 13 contests:
- Environment & Sustainability – initiatives intended to educate, change perception, inspire action toward helping the environment.
- Human Rights, Justice & Strong Institutions – work intended to fight against discrimination (racial, ethnic, religious etc.) by promoting empowerment, equality, rights, tolerance.
- Education: Quality, Civic & Social Education – efforts that contribute to ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning opportunities.
- Gender Equality & LGBTQ Rights – work towards the achievement of gender equality and empowerment for all.
- Poverty & Hunger – efforts which address poverty and hunger everywhere.
- Health & Well-Being – work which intends to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all.
- Children: Health/Safety/Happiness – initiatives that intend in relation to what children need for a safe and happy life.
- Prosperity: Economic Growth, Innovations, Industry – work which promotes inclusive and economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all, nurtures investments and innovations.
- Animal Care & Protection – work which intends to support, protect, and conserve animals and wildlife.
- Arts and Culture – efforts which address the different issues and goals in aid to preserve artistic and cultural heritage.
- Partnership for the Goals – collaboration working and multi-stakeholder partnerships of governments, civil society, the private sector and others towards the betterment of society and the implementation of sustainable development.
- Local Solutions – initiatives which address positive change goals with a main focus on cultural insights and regional context.
In each of the 13 contests, there are 11 categories that reflect the tools used to achieve the set communication tasks: Film, Radio/Audio Advertising, Print & Publishing, ООН, Social Media & Influence, PR Campaigns, etc.
Detailed information about KIAF categories can be found via link.
The festival is open to all parties, organizations, individual creators involved in advertising, production, media, PR, design and creative industries throughout the world, including advertisers, media companies etc., except terrorist and aggressor countries, or countries that support terrorism and aggression.
The entry submission is open on website. The Final Deadline is on April 21. Participation in PEACE contest is free of charge for all international participants until the Final Deadline. The winners will be announced at the end of May 2023.