NEW YORK, USA — The One Club for Creativity has announced 24 creative leaders from APAC who are among those from 48 countries and regions who will serve on the diverse jury for the ADC 102nd Annual Awards, one of the world’s longest-running and most prestigious global competitions celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
Representing APAC on this year’s jury are:
- Geoff Ang, photographer, director, GeoffStudio & Balism, Bali (Photography)
- Jonghwan Baek, founder, creative director, WGNB Seoul (Architecture/Interior/Environmental Design)
- Paolo Garcia, CCO, Publicis Groupe, Ho Chi Minh City (Motion/Film Craft)
- Nisha Mathew Ghosh, architect, artist, curator, Mathew and Ghosh Architects, Bangalore (Architecture/Interior/Environmental Design, jury chair)
- Khoo Guo Jie, photographer, KHOOGJ Singapore (Photography)
- Hassaan Aftab Hafeez, senior art director, BBDO Pakistan, Lahore (Illustration)
- Zhihua He, creative director, Shanghai Version Design Group Shanghai (Packaging/Product Design)
- Elizabeth Huang, senior art director, MetaDesign Beijing (Typography)
- Luna Javier, creative director, cofounder, Altitude Games Philippines, Makati (Gaming)
- Matthew Jordan Smith, commercial photographer, Matthew Jordan Smith Photography Tokyo (Photography)
- Hideko Kataoka, director of photography, Newsweek Japan, Tokyo (Photography)
- Satoshi Kohno, art director, graphic designer, Dentsu Tokyo (Advertising)
- Ieong Kun Lam, founder, art director, Indego Design, Macao (Illustration)
- Yujie Luo, lecturer, Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA); chief architect, LUO Studio Beijing
- (Architecture/Interior/Environmental Design)
- Deben Moza, senior executive director, head of project management services, Knight Frank (India), Gurgaon (Architecture/Interior/Environmental Design)
- Takashi Murakami, artist, Kaikai Kiki Co., Ltd., Saitama Prefecture (Illustration, jury chair)
- Toby Ng, founder, creative director, Toby Ng Design, Hong Kong (Brand/Communications Design)
- Damisa Ongsiriwattana, cofounder, CCO, SOUR Bangkok (Motion/Film Craft)
- Lulu Raghavan, managing director, Landor & Fitch India Mumbai (Brand/Communication Design)
- Shun Sasaki, founder, graphic designer, art director, AYOND Tokyo (Typography)
- Sayuri Shoji, art director, package/graphic designer, Sayuri Studio, Tokyo (Packaging/Product Design)
- Rey Tiempo, head of experience and innovation, Digitas Philippines, Manila (Experiential Design)
- Kartikeya Tiwari, national creative director, SVP, Kinnect Mumbai (Experiential Design)
- Valerie Villaflor, senior art director, illustrator, Publicis Groupe Singapore (Illustration)
In addition to Nisha Mathew Ghosh in Architecture/Interior/Environmental Design and Takashi Murakami for Illustration, other jury chairs this year include:
- Advertising: Karen Costello, creative chair, Deutsch Los Angeles
- Artificial Intelligence: PJ Pereira, creative chairman, Pereira & O’Dell New York
- Brand/Communication Design: Tosh Hall, global CCO, Jones Knowles Ritchie New York
- Brand-side/In-House: Remy Merriex, worldwide ECD, Amazon Prime Video & Studios, Los Angeles
- Experiential Design: Cara Mandel, founder/CEO, Interwoven Immersive; senior producer, AltspaceVR +Microsoft Mesh, Los Angeles
- Fashion Design: Francine Candiotti, fashion designer, New York
- Fusion Cube: Danny Robinson, CCO, The Martin Agency, Richmond
- Gaming: Pelle Sjoenell, CCO, Activision Los Angeles
Illustration: Takashi Murakami, artist, Kaikai Kiki Co., Ltd., Saitama Prefecture (Japan)
- Interactive: Mathias Appelblad, global creative director, SEB Group, Stockholm
- Motion/Film Craft: Arisu Kashiwagi, director, designer, ARISU New York
- Packaging/Product Design: Mary Lewis, creative director, Lewis Moberly London
- Photography: Ami Vitale, photographer, filmmaker, Ami Vitale Productions; executive director, Vital Impacts, Missoula (US)
- Publication Design: Luke Hayman, partner, Pentagram New York
- Typography: Veronika Burian, managing type director, cofounder, TypeTogether, Tarragona, and Munich
After three years of conducting virtual judging, juries for a number of disciplines will be assembled in person in March 2023.
Entries can be submitted now, with fees increasing after each deadline period. The regular deadline is January 27, 2023, with an extended deadline of February 17, 2023, and a final deadline of March 03, 2023.
Judging will be conducted in March 2023, with finalists announced in May. ADC 102nd Annual Awards Gold, Silver, and Bronze Cube winners will be announced during Creative Week in May 2023.
New for this year’s competition:
- Gaming Discipline and dedicated jury, highlighting the art and craft of animation, art direction, and sound design as well as the technical aspects of gaming.
- Artificial Intelligence Discipline and dedicated jury, celebrating achievement in projects incorporating AI. The discipline includes categories for application, execution, idea, and process.
- Expanded Photography categories, including experimental photography, night photography, and photo books.
- New categories for inclusive design added to the Fashion Design, Gaming, and Product Design disciplines.
A special tiered pricing structure makes it easier for smaller agencies, studios, and freelancers to participate in the ADC 102nd Annual Awards. Larger agencies and brands pay the standard entry fee; smaller shops get a discount on entries (amount varies by discipline), and freelance creatives and one-person shops are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.