LAS VEGAS, USA — London International Awards announced the Jury Presidents and Jurors for the 2023 Ambient & Activation, Print, Poster, Billboard, and Branded Content & Entertainment competitions.
BBDO Singapore Creative Chairman Guan Hin Tay, a profound alchemist of creative success, will lead the Ambient & Activation, Print, Poster and Billboard Jury.
He stated, “We seek innovative ideas that challenge conventional thinking within the category. It not only drives business growth but also has a positive impact on society. It’s a tremendous honor and responsibility, and I am excited to serve as LIA Jury President.”
Meanwhile, Juan Woodbury, Global Head of Branded Content & Entertainment at Dentsu Creative will lead the Branded Content & Entertainment Jury. Juan is a Creative Director, TV Producer, Photographer, DJ and Grammy Award Winner – his multi-faceted creative expertise will serve him well when he leads this globally diverse jury as they deliberate on the work that’s primary intention is delivering an entertaining and engaging experience to consumers.
“As I chair the Branded Content & Entertainment jury at LIA, I’m filled with excitement. This role signifies the importance of entertainment and its cultural impact on the world in every category. Branded content and entertainment have become essential in our interconnected, fast-paced world. They have the ability to captivate audiences, transcend traditional advertising, and leave a lasting impression. The power of storytelling through entertainment is unmatched when it comes to engaging, inspiring, and resonating with people. At LIA, they recognize the profound influence of branded content and entertainment. Whether it’s through short films, virtual experiences, documentaries, or interactive campaigns, these creative endeavors shape our society. They touch hearts, challenge perceptions, and foster connections beyond brand loyalty,” stated Juan.
He went on to say, “Our focus goes beyond marketing messages. Branded content and entertainment have the capacity to amplify marginalized voices, address social issues, and ignite conversations. They serve as catalysts for positive change, exploring diverse perspectives and driving movements. As the chair of this esteemed jury, I’m honored to witness the industry’s innovative genius. Together, we will celebrate the extraordinary power of creativity to entertain, inspire, and transform the world. Join me on this journey where storytelling breathes life into brands and shapes our cultural tapestry.”
“This year we are honored to have Juan Woodbury and Guan Hin Tay chair two elite groups as they judge LIA 2023. The full juries, including the jury presidents will be traveling from six different continents to gather in Las Vegas for our onsite judging,” said Barbara Levy, President of LIA.
Ambient & Activation, Print, Poster and Billboard Jury
- Lauren Costa, Executive Creative Director, JOAN Creative, New York
- Gian Carlo Lanfranco, Co-Founder / Chief Creative Officer, L&C NYC, New York
- Yehoon Lee, VP / Executive Creative Director, Cheil Worldwide, Seoul
- Jonathan McMahon, Executive Creative Director, Special, Auckland
- Joana Mendes, President, Clube de Criação, São Paulo
- Fred Saldanha, Global Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R
- Joe Sciarrotta, Deputy Chief Creative Officer, Worldwide, Ogilvy Worldwide
- Jen Speirs, Executive Creative Director, Droga5, Dublin
- Alvar Suñol, Co-President / Chief Creative Officer, Alma DDB, Miami
- Marielle Wilsdorf, Chief Creative Officer, GGH MullenLowe, Hamburg
Branded Content & Entertainment Jury
- Otto Bell, Chief Creative Officer, CNN Worldwide, New York
- Carla Del Porto, Group Creative Director, TBWA\Chiat\Day, New York
- Diego Gueler Montero, Chief Creative Officer, draftLine by AB InBev, Buenos Aires
- Anna Lichnog, Executive Creative Director, antoni Berlin, Berlin
- Lulu Lu, Chief Creative Officer – Taipei, Wunderman Thompson, Taipei
- Kabelo Moshapalo, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy South Africa, Johannesburg
- Thamakorn Ruchakityanon, Creative Director, Sour, Bangkok
- Micah Walker, Chief Creative Officer / Founder, Bear Meets Eagle On Fire, Sydney
- Regan Warner, Executive Creative Director, McCann London, London
The juries will gather on-site in Las Vegas to view every piece of work in their respective categories. LIA has no pre-judging. This ensures that all work will be judged equally through careful deliberations and robust discussions.
Key Dates: Initial Entry Deadline: June 15, 2023
No Late Fees. Ever. No Upload Fees.
Eligibility: Work submitted must initially be released, published and/or broadcast in a commercial environment with client approval from July 01, 2022 through August 31, 2023.
Onsite Judging: October 07 through 15 2023
Winners Announced During LIA Judging
Of The Year Awards Announced: November 06
The LIA Entry Kit. For more information on the juries, categories and/or requirements, visit its official website.