SINGAPORE – Presented by Clarke Quay and supported by Singapore Tourism Board (STB), event organizer Magic Rock will bring inaugural Singapore Festival of Fun to Clarke Quay next year from 11 to 19 March 2017, which is slated to entertain Singapore residents and tourists of all ages through three programming segments featuring:
- a collaboration with Viacom’s Nickelodeon to kick-off the festival with a two-day Nickelodeon Fiesta for kids and families (11 – 12 March 2017),
- a six-day Street Fest showcasing 12 internationally acclaimed street acts from stilt, mime, street magic, juggling, statuettes, acrobats, clowns to prop performances for millennials and families (14 – 19 March 2017),
- and the fourth edition of Magners International Comedy Festival (MICF) featuring 15 international and regional comedians for comedy fans (16 -19 March 2017)
“Magic Rock is delighted to be one of the organisers for Singapore Festival of Fun, which will offer entertainment for everyone – from international street performances, a fun kids and families’ carnival to live stand-up comedy. With its unique setting and rich heritage, Clarke Quay is an ideal venue to host the festival for Singapore residents and tourists alike,” said Matt Bennett, Managing Director, Magic Rock. “We have a great partner in Nickelodeon who will bring an amazing family dimension to the Singapore Festival of Fun through Nickelodeon Fiesta. The long term vision is to grow the festival with more interesting content and offerings with our partners over the next three years.”
“STB is constantly seeking new events and programming to enrich the visitor experience in our precincts. We are therefore pleased to support the first Singapore Festival of Fun at Clarke Quay, which will provide a host of entertainment for persons of every age and further enliven the precinct,” said Ms Carrie Kwik, Executive Director of Arts, Entertainment and Tourism Concept Development, Singapore Tourism Board.
Kicking off Singapore Festival of Fun, the two-day Nickelodeon Fiesta is inspired by Clarke Quay’s rich Singapore history and will feature:
- a thematic family scavenger hunt around Clarke Quay with built-in historical elements and fun facts,
- a carnival featuring reimagined classic childhood games with a Nickelodeon-twist and limited edition Nickelodeon collectibles to be won,
- and stage games and meet-and-greet sessions with family favourite characters like SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and characters from one of the hottest preschool shows, PAW Patrol.
“We are thrilled to be bringing Nickelodeon Fiesta to the Singapore Festival of Fun, which is definitely a festival not to be missed in Singapore in 2017! We are all about making the world a more playful place through the experiences we create and Singapore Festival of Fun is another fantastic opportunity for us to put into play our expertise in creating large-scale on-ground activations. There’s no doubt it’s going to be an incredible festival as we bring Nickelodeon Fiesta for our young fans, kids and their families in Singapore and from around the region to just have fun!” said Vishal Kurien, Vice President, Advertising Sales, Asia, Viacom International Media Networks.