by Ben Martin
Director, International Marketing Insights, comScore
Earlier in 2017, our Mobile’s Hierarchy of Needs report demonstrated that many mobile-led behaviours can align with the human needs established in Maslow’s famous paper.
With the addition of new markets, this report expands on those findings to provide a global snapshot of the mobile ecosystem. In The Global Mobile Report, comScore uses mobile and multi-platform data from 14 markets (USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, China, India, Indonesia and Malaysia) to highlight demographics, content categories and brands that are shaping the mobile ecosystem as a whole.
Key topics covered in this report include:
- Mobile devices and apps’ growing and dominant share of total digital time
- How and where mobile only audiences are changing patterns of digital consumption
- The implications of ‘mobile first’ behaviours and category leaders in Retail, Social Networking, News and other key categories
- The concentration of global app markets, and user behaviour around their ‘most essential’ apps
- App download habits and areas of growth within overall app consumption