SHANGHAI, CHINA — Jane Lin-Baden, Publicis Groupe’s APAC CEO, has been selected to represent the Asia-Pacific region on the Dan Wieden Titanium Lions Jury at the 70th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Jane joins a panel of 10 globally renowned advertising executives overseeing this year’s Titanium category.
Cannes Lions renamed the Titanium Lions the Dan Wieden Titanium Lions last year in tribute to advertising icon Dan Wieden, who played a pivotal role in creating an award that would recognize a new breed of game-changing work.
Twenty years on, its purpose remains the same: to celebrate provocative, boundary-busting, envy-inspiring work.
“Who wouldn’t love the chance to unearth the work that is making our industry stop in its tracks and that shows the way forward? It is a huge honor to judge the Dan Wieden Titanium Lions, I’m curious to discover ideas that may challenge me to rethink everything I thought I knew. Most of all, I hope that this year’s Titanium shortlist will reflect some of the energy, innovation, and optimism that is emerging in our own APAC region. I can’t wait to see who rises to the top,” said Jane.
At Publicis Groupe, Jane leads a team of 15,000 people and 20 agency brands across the APAC region. She joined Publicis Groupe in 2018 and was appointed to lead Publicis Groupe North Asia the following year, before adding South Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia to her remit as APAC CEO last September.
She has 22 years of industry experience and was named China’s Top 50 Business Innovators by CBN Weekly, Women to Watch by AdAge USA, and Fastest Growing Company CEO of the Year by the China 4A Association.
With an MBA from the Wharton Business School, part of the University of Pennsylvania, and an MA in History of Contemporary Arts from Goldsmith, the University of London, Jane is a Fellow of the sixth class of the China Fellowship Program and a member of the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
The 2023 Dan Wieden Titanium Lions jury includes:
- Jury President – David Droga, CEO & Creative Chairman, Accenture Song, Global
- Jane Lin-Baden, CEO APAC, Publicis Groupe, APAC
- Marcel Marcondes, CMO, AB InBev, Global
- Kate Rouch, CMO, Coinbase, Global
- Piyush Pandey, Chairman of Global Creative & Executive Chairman, India, Ogilvy, Global
- Susan Credle, Global Chair & Global Chief Creative Officer, FCB, Global
- Susan Hoffman, Chief Creative Officer, Wieden + Kennedy, USA
- Ukonwa Ojo, CEO, Zaia Ventures, USA
- Vicki Maguire, Chief Creative Officer, Havas London, UK
- Yang Yeo, Creative Officer, Hakuhodo International, APAC
The 70th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity runs from June 19 to 23.