NEW YORK, USA — The One Club for Creativity announced 18 creatives from APAC who are among the diverse jury of 100 top creatives from 47 countries and regions for the global Young Guns 21, celebrating creative professionals age 30 or younger.
Young Guns is the industry’s only global, cross-disciplinary, portfolio-based awards competition that identifies and celebrates today’s vanguard of young creatives. The program is open to creatives age 30 and under who have been working for at least two years, full-time or freelance, and regularly attracts entries from upwards of 45 countries, with more than half coming from outside the US.
Jury members from APAC, including past YG winners where indicated, are:
- Uma Rudd Chia, creative director, co-founder, KUVR, Singapore
- Kok Keong Chow, CCO, INNOCEAN Indonesia, Jakarta
- Laura Cibilich, cofounder, ECD, Run, Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland
- Nilanjan Das, Group CCE, Creative Unit Today; Group Creative Editor; Head of Design Data Intelligence Unit in TV, India Today Group, New Delhi
- Maika Elan, photographer, photo editor, Ho Chi Minh City
- Namrata Vijay Gosavi, senior creative, Wieden+Kennedy, Mumbai
- Thomas Hongtack Kim, founder, 2kg, CCO, Paulus, Seoul
- Dan Ingham, creative director, Sydney Opera House, Sydney
- Genki Ito, film director, Tokyo (YG8)
- Raven Kwok, visual artist, creative technologist, Shanghai (YG14)
- Tommy Li, creative director, Tommy Li Design Workshop Limited, Hong Kong
- Xiaomei Liu, graphic designer, Shanghai (YG18)
- Kenichi Matsumoto, art director, graphic designer, MOTOMOTO inc., Tokyo (YG8)
- Russell Molina, chief digital officer, founding partner, Seven A.D., Taguig City, metro Manila
- Gemma O’Brien, artist, designer, Sydney (YG13)
- Rajay Singh, film director, founder, Think Tank Group of Companies S.E.A, Kuala Lumpur
- Raymund Sison, partner, CCO, Propel Manila
- Jin Yang, creative partner, Leo Burnett Taiwan, Taipei
Eligible entrants can submit a combination of professional and personal work in graphic design; advertising art direction and copywriting; architectural, environmental and interior design; industrial and product design; digital (UX/UI, experiential design, interactive, web design, apps, game development): film and animation (motion design, television, video); fashion; typography and lettering; illustration and photography.
Young Guns winners receive a unique version of the iconic Young Guns Cube, designed exclusively for this year’s incoming class, and have their permanent profile page added to the Young Guns website. Winners also receive a complimentary one-year One Club for Creativity membership, permanent membership in the Young Guns network, a chance to be featured in Young Guns events and an assortment of career-boosting opportunities from Young Guns sponsors.
Program branding and design of the YG Cube award itself is reimagined each year by a past Young Gun winner. This year’s YG21 branding was created by Zuzanna Rogatty (YG18,) a senior designer at COLLINS New York.
Past Young Guns include rising stars who went on to become leaders in their chosen fields, including filmmakers Daniels (YG14) and Calmatic (YG16); graphic designers James Victore (YG1), Stefan Sagmeister (YG1), and Jessica Walsh (YG8); artist/designer Rich Tu (YG8); ad creatives Rei Inamoto (YG4) and Menno Kluin (YG6); illustrators Christoph Niemann (YG2) and Deanne Cheuk (YG4); fashion designer Kerby Jean-Raymond (YG14); director/photographer India Sleem (YG17); photographer Ryan McGuinness (YG2); typographer Alex Trochut (YG6); film and video director Mike Mills (YG1), animation artist Todd St. John (YG1), and others.
Levine/Leavitt Artist In Residence Award
For the 10th consecutive year, international artists’ management agency and Young Guns sponsor Levine/Leavitt will bestow one talented winner with the Artist In Residence Award.
The honor is presented annually to a newly crowned Young Gun whose body of work truly stands out, as judged by an advisory board of industry professionals across a range of disciplines. The winner receives a full year of professional development, guidance and mentorship from Levine/Leavitt to help advance their career.
The complete list of Young Guns 21 judges can be viewed here.
The online entry system is now open. The regular deadline for entry is July 13, 2023, and final deadline July 27, 2023. Winners will be announced in the fall.