NEW YORK, USA — The Clio Awards, the premier international awards competition for the creative business, announced the esteemed industry leaders that will serve as the chairs of its multidisciplinary juries in 2024. For the first time, 12 of the jury chairs will come together to form a unified jury themselves and will determine the Grand Clio Winner in Innovation by selecting from the Gold Clio winners in the Innovation medium as determined by each of the main juries.
The 2024 jury will convene in Majorca, Spain for spirited deliberations that will ultimately determine which entries will earn the coveted Grand, Gold, Silver and Bronze Clio statues. Each jury is tasked with evaluating the execution of submissions within their medium based solely on the creativity of the work.
The elite-level industry leaders – hand selected for their blend of culture, identity, perspective and experience – who will lead jury deliberations are:
- Audio & Audio Craft: Icaro Doria, President & CCO at DM9 (Sao Paulo)
- Brand: Ricardo Marques, VP Marketing at Michelob ULTRA, Anheuser-Busch Inbev (New York City)
- Branded Entertainment & Content: Tara Ford, Chief Creative Officer at The Monkeys Sydney (Sydney)
- Creative Business Transformation, Commerce & Effectiveness: Nancy Crimi-Lamanna, Chief Creative Officer at FCB Canada (Toronto)
- Design: Pum Lefebure, Co-founder & Chief Creative Officer at Design Army (Washington, DC)
- Digital/Mobile & Experience/Activation: Chaka Sobhani, Global Chief Creative Officer at Leo Burnett Worldwide (London)
- Direct: Stéphane Xiberras, CCO / President of BETC & Head of Havas Global Creative Council at BETC (Paris)
- Film: Bruno Bertelli, Global CEO of Le pub, Global Chief Creative Officer of Publicis Worldwide, Chief Creative Officer of Publicis Groupe Italy, Publicis | LePub (Milan)
- Media: Kevin Johnson, CEO at GroupM Canada (Toronto)
- Print & Out of Home: Ali Rez, Chief Creative Officer at Impact BBDO (Dubai)
- Public Relations: Natalia Benincasa, CCO for LATAM at Edelman (Buenos Aires)
- Social Media: Malcolm Poynton, Global Chief Creative Officer at Cheil (London)
“Our Grand Clio Awards set the bar for the industry; these winners are a signal of the future, so we felt it just made sense that the most seasoned experts on our jury should be the ones who select the Grand Clio winner in Innovation,” said Clio CEO Nicole Purcell. “They are at the top of their game in each category and, by having their combined expertise review the work, we can ensure that we’re sending a clear message about which ideas are truly transforming the business.”
Also for the first time, the Clio Awards has enlisted jury chairs for its Film Craft categories, and is giving them the power to collectively award a Grand Clio for Film Craft.
- Film Craft – Animation & VFX: Dave Rolfe, Global Head of Production at WPP / Hogarth Worldwide (London)
- Film Craft – Copywriting: Vicki Maguire, Chief Creative Officer at Havas London (London)
- Film Craft – Direction & Cinematography: Angeliki Kornelatou, Executive Creative Director at Ogilvy Athens (Athens)
- Film Craft – Music & Sound Design: James Feeler, CEO and Audio Producer at Jamute São Paulo
- Film Craft – Production Design: Rita El Hachem, Executive Producer / Partner at Stoked (Dubai)
The 65th annual Clio Award winners will be honored on May 01, 2024 at Gotham Hall in New York City. For more detailed information, submission deadlines and to enter work, visit www.clios.com.