MANILA, PHILIPPINES — 2023 is here and in full swing! Whether one is still feeling the holiday hangover or already welcoming the new year with a new version of themselves, there is surely a mix of perfect songs to encapsulate their mood. To celebrate the new year and add a soundtrack to everyone’s 2023 feels, audio streaming platform Spotify is launching a timely user experience to help users capture this moment.
Playlist in a Bottle, Spotify’s latest interactive in-app experience, captures who the user is musically right now and then lets them revisit their 2023 musical self one year later. Fast-forward to January 2024, and users will find this playlist on their account as a treat from Spotify and their 2023 self.
Here’s how to make a Playlist in a Bottle:
- Ensure Spotify mobile app is up to date with the latest version.
- Click spotify.com/playlistinabottle from the mobile device.
- Select user’s time capsule of choice — pick from a bottle, jean pocket, gumball machine, lunch box, or teddy bear.
- Answer a series of song-inspired prompts. For example:
- “A song you’re going to kiss someone to this year”
- “A song that reminds you of your favorite person”
- “A song you need to hear live in 2023”
- Digitally seal the musical time capsule and send it off!
- Users can share a personalized card to their social channels with the tag #PlaylistInABottle.
- Come January 2024, everyone who made a Playlist in a Bottle will receive a personalized time capsule reminding them what they were listening to one year prior.
Playlist in a Bottle is available in the Philippines for both Free and Premium users across iOS and Android devices. Spotify will seal the Playlist in a Bottle experience on January 31, 2023.