SINGAPORE — HBO GO, WarnerMedia’s regional streaming service in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, has revealed a new pricing strategy and confirmed some of its tentpole programming for the rest of 2021.
Three-month subscriptions in its six direct-to-consumer territories will be available at the following discounted monthly prices: Singapore – from S$9.99 (savings of more than 25%); Malaysia – from RM23.30 (savings of more than 30%); Philippines: from PHP99.70 (savings of more than 30%); Indonesia – from Rp33,000 (savings of 45%); Thailand – from Bt99.70 (savings of more than 30%); and Taiwan – from NT$97 (savings of 35%). HBO GO is also available in Hong Kong and Vietnam but through third-party operators.
WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer streaming business is led by Amit Malhotra, Managing Director for HBO GO / HBO Max in Southeast Asia, India, and Korea. “With a new price point and some of the best-loved content out there, HBO GO presents its most compelling proposition yet. As we close out 2021, there are more and more reasons to subscribe, especially with the holiday season around the corner,” Malhotra said.
Upcoming programming highlights include the exclusive premiere of the mystery adventure drama series La Brea and Emmy®-winning series, including new comedy Hacks and the highly anticipated new season of drama series Succession on October 18.
These complement the premiere of the Taiwanese HBO Asia Original Who’s By Your Side along with hit Warner Bros. movies – 45 days after their local theatrical debut in cinemas – including The Suicide Squad, Malignant, and Reminiscence.
Boxsets for the original 2007 Gossip Girl series, Pretty Little Liars, and HBO classic The Sopranos will be available to stream. Fans of the latter series will also enjoy the exclusive direct-to-streaming availability of the prequel theatrical title The Many Saints of Newark in November.
Upgrades to the service are ongoing with direct credit card payments now available in Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore. Dolby 5.1 sound will be introduced shortly, while three concurrent streams are now allowed.
Highlights in October include:
- Succession S3 (Season 2 picked up seven Emmy® Awards last year including wins for Outstanding Drama Series and Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Jeremy Strong)
- Hacks (3 Emmy® Awards wins, including Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for Jean Smart)
- La Brea (new adventure series set in Los Angeles)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm S11 (celebrating 20 years and 100 episodes)
November highlights include:
- The Sex Lives of College Girls (comedy series following four college roommates)
- The Many Saints of Newark (film prequel of The Sopranos)
- Sesame Street S52
Additional titles coming soon:
- And Just Like That… (a new chapter of Sex and the City)
- Peacemaker (series based on the DC Super Heroes franchise)
- House of the Dragon (prequel to Game of Thrones)
HBO GO subscribers can choose from a vast collection of premium series and movies, across drama, comedy, kids, and documentary genres. Titles include HBO Originals, Max Originals, HBO Asia Originals, content from Warner Bros. TV and Pictures, DC, Adult Swim, and Cartoon Network originals, in addition to licensed content.