adobo magazine in partnership with LIA, London International Awards, is calling out for entries for the adobo LIA Young Creative Competition 2019! The top two winners will have the chance to fly to Las Vegas and be part of the Creative LIAisons initiative from October 4-8, 2019. The LIAisons program offers delegates the opportunity to attend the LIA judging and observe the statue deliberations, attend workshops, and partake in networking opportunities. As part of giving back to the industry, LIA will fund the flights and accommodations of the young creatives and plans to bring in 100 under-30 creatives from all over the world to join the program.
For the past six years, adobo magazine has provided an unprecedented platform for young creatives to share their unique and diverse perspective of the community. For this year’s competition, the theme is focused on the value of reading books to boost creativity.
With the pings and bings, and all kinds of notifications that pop up on our phones and other screens that take over our senses, plus the pressures and demands of our multi-dimensional lives, there is a simple path to mine your mind and elevate your mental capacity – the simple act reading a printed book.
Books, after all, give you freedom – the freedom to interpret however you desire whatever it is you are reading, the freedom to dive as deeply into your own world, the freedom from all those push notifications for social media apps and emails. Reading books is proven to boost cognitive function and creativity. In fact, studies have shown that reading for just six minutes straight pushes you into a state of relaxation. Regularly reading, on the other hand, improves critical thinking and problem solving abilities, reduces stress, and helps in improving your creativity, whether for creative pieces of art or even navigating your way through the daily corporate grind.
Help encourage this wired, online generation to read more books as a means to relax and improve creativity.
The target audience for the book reading campaign is specifically advertising and marketing professionals – those who have an actual say in crafting images, standards, and values of the content we create everyday.
Deadline for entries is Monday July 22, 2019.
– Share your solution in the form of a poster and/or multimedia campaign, ideally accompanied by a concept board outlining the big idea and executional approach. The concept board is optional but it may prove useful in the jury deliberations.
Submit your high-resolution entries to adoboLIA@adobomagazine.com with the following information:
– Full name
– Company Name
– Age and Date of Birth
– It should be good enough for social content.
– adobo magazine will have the right to publish the campaign with credit to the creator.
– Eligible contestants must be Philippine-based creatives aged between 21-30 years old as of October 31, 2019.
– Entrants must be employed in agencies who are members of the 4As of the Philippines or IMMAP.
– Entries must be solo submissions and not entered as partners or teams. You may enter as many individual entries.
– Past winners of adobo LIA or former delegates of the Creative LIAisons program are not eligible to join.
– You must have a valid passport, own a credit card, and is eligible to procure a U.S. visa.
– adobo magazine reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with the requirements.
Deadline for Entries – Monday July 22, 2019
Judging – Wednesday July 24, 2019
Winners announcement – Friday July 26, 2019
1. Teeny Gonzales, CEO, Seven A.D. – Jury President
2. Badong Abesamis, Partner, GIGIL
3. Abi Aquino, Executive Creative Director, MullenLowe Philippines
4. Lilit Reyes, Executive Director of Possibilities, B&B Bent & Buzz
5. Maan Bautista, Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup
6. Chino Jayme, Creative Director, TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno
7. Kat Limchoc, Executive Creative Director, Blackpencil
8. Rey Tiempo, Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R Philippines
9. Mike Sicam, Group Executive Creative Director, Ogilvy Manila
10. Jao Bautista, Creative Director, Publicis JimenezBasic
ABOUT THE LIA CREATIVE LIAISIONS PROGRAM
2019 Creative LIAisons
4TH OCTOBER – 8TH OCTOBER AT ENCORE LAS VEGAS
Creative LIAisons is an annual program open to creatives, and creatives only.
See the best, learn from the best, talk with the best, drink with the best, become the best. Young Creatives ages 21-30 can meet, learn, and mingle with the creatives they look up to most in the industry. Running concurrently with the judging for LIA, the Creative LIAisons initiative is funded by LIA and will host 100 delegates from all over the world.
This year as a way of giving back for your support, London International Awards invites adobo magazine Philippines to select two attendees to participate in the 2019 Creative LIAisons at The Encore Las Vegas. The two delegates from the Philippines will be selected from the winners of the adobo LIA Young Creative Competition.
The program commences on Saturday, 5th October and runs through the evening of Tuesday, 8th October. Attendees need to arrive in Las Vegas Friday, 4th October and depart on Wednesday, 9th October.
The program provides rewarding speaker presentations, the unique privilege of sitting in a jury room to observe Statue deliberations, workshops and various networking opportunities with jurors and speakers in a relaxed social setting.
There are no delegates fees and LIA pays for flights and hotel accommodations for all attendees.
LIA will provide the following:
– Economy airfare at a pre-determined price to and from Las Vegas based on the origination city of the attendee and on the specified dates of travel (We will not pay for upgrades to premium economy or any fees incurred in booking travel; i.e. travel agency fees, etc.).
– LIA can only reimburse for flights to and from your origination city and Las Vegas. Any attendee that chooses to extend their stay for personal or business reasons will be reimbursed 50% of the quoted airfare.
– If the fare is lower on the date travel is booked, LIA will only pay the actual airfare.
– Five nights accommodations + room tax only (incidentals to be paid by attendee). Check-in 3:00 PM Friday, 4th October; Check-out 11:00 AM Wednesday, 9th October. Once the attendee has confirmed attendance, hotel reservations will be made by LIA.
– Attendees must have a credit card (debit cards are not accepted) in his/her own name to check-in to the hotel. This is required by the hotel for incidentals.
– LIA will hold a party on Monday, 7th October, where the attendees can mingle with the Jurors and Speakers. This includes a full dinner and open bar. (All other meals throughout the week need to be paid for by the attendee.)
– Anyone who has previously attended is not eligible to attend again.
– All sessions and activities are mandatory for airline reimbursement.
– LIA does not pay any ground transportation to and from the airport.
– The hotel charges a daily Resort fee of $30 USD (includes WiFi). This charge is the responsibility of the attendee and will not be paid by LIA. All incidentals are the responsibility of the attendee.
– Under no circumstances will LIA extend hotel accommodations for additional days.
– All attendees from outside the US must have a valid passport with at least six months remaining before the expiration date. All Visas are the responsibility of the attendee.
– Reimbursements will be made after the event (Invoice instructions will be sent under separate email).
2019 Speakers & Workshops
Kerstin Emhoff + Panel
Diederik van Middelkoop
– 6-Second Workshop by Great Guns
– Daymond John Fireside Chat
– InnerVation Lab
Read more here: liaawards.com/creative_liaisons