HONG KONG – Policymakers, businesses, and thought leaders from major corporations and government will congregate online and at exclusive in-person sessions at Economist Impact‘s Technology for Change Week Asia from March 8-11, 2022.
There is an urgent need to close the digital divide to foster financial inclusion and prosperity to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Stakeholders today expect businesses to deliver positive social outcomes as well as financial returns, so how do we shift from hype to help? And in a pandemic-led labour shortage, the future of work is the future of talent. How can forward-leaning firms attract and retain the best tech talent to stay ahead of the curve?
Economist Impact’s virtual event provides a high-level meeting place for more than 70 speakers and 2,000 participants across the public, private and civil sectors to discuss and examine how technology-based and data-driven solutions can be applied to long-standing social challenges, and also connect with the consumer and talent of today.
Chaired by The Economist Group’s editors, Technology for Change Week Asia features senior expert speakers including:
● Dr. Lim Hyesook, Minister of Science and ICT, Republic of Korea
● Dr. Pakorn Peetathawatchai, President, Stock exchange of Thailand
● Tan Kiat How, Minister of State, Ministry of Communications and Information, Singapore
● Ridwan Kamil, West Java Governor, Government of The Republic of Indonesia
● Thuok Nao, Secretary of State, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Cambodia
● Atsuko Okuda, Regional Director Asia, International Telecommunication Union (UN)
● Poshu Yeung, Senior vice president, Tencent Cloud International
● Kathleen Reen, Senior director public policy and philanthropy APAC, Twitter
● Simon Milner, Vice president, public policy, APAC, Meta
● Leong Sing Chiong, Deputy managing director, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
● Howard Lee, Deputy chief executive, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
● Ronadol Numnonda, Deputy governor Financial Institutions Stability, Bank of Thailand
● Ayesha Khanna, Founder and chief executive, Addo AI
● Sunil Setlur, Global chief people officer, Gojek
● Aurélie Gupta, investment officer – manufacturing agribusiness and services, International Finance Corporation
● and many more.
View the latest agenda.
Technology for Change Week Asia is supported by Amber Group, Cake DeFi, East Ventures, Catapult, HCL Technologies, Mastercard, Tencent, Laiye, Microsoft, Pluralsight, Seagate Technology, and Syngenta.
To engage with Technology for Change Week Asia on social media, use #EconTechforChange in your conversations and follow @EconomistEvents.