MANILA, PHILIPPINES — Social media platform Kumu is launching this year’s Pop Kulture Expo event — a 2-day event for enthusiasts in art, anime and manga, comics, cosplay, gaming, and toys.
The expo is an initiative that strengthens Kumu’s mission of fostering a safe space for everyone, in particular, pop culture enthusiasts. It is also the much-awaited revamp of the Kumu Nerd Expo, which was organized to provide the comic convention or Comic-Con experience to Filipino fans virtually during the pandemic.
Through this event, Kumu hopes to entice more creatives and pop culture lovers by introducing a variety of collectors, communities, content creators, and fan groups to the Kumu app. All the festivities aim to serve one goal: to make Kumu their second home.
Kumu also aims to build its network, create different shows, collaborate and partner with Filipino brands, and discover new talents. Eventually, they hope to make the Kumu Pop Kulture Expo the leading annual pop culture event in Metro Manila.
The main shows that will be featured throughout this two-day expo include:
- The Kumu Tekken Challenge, which is now a part of Road to REVMAJOR and now, a dojo event of BANDAI Namco’s Tekken World Tour (a segment taken care of Kumu and Tekken Tournament Philippines)
- YouTube’s BAT IN THE SUN, who will talk about their short films and how they grew their production company through their interests in comics,
- A live interview with Ryousuke Kaizu, a.k.a. Red Mask from Hikari Sentai Maskman, (A popular show from the 1980s, which will be provided for by Tokuspirits,)
- A discussion between Chris Cantada Force and KwentoMonster, where you can win your own Power Rangers helmet,
- A meet and greet with power couple cosplayers Prince and Awie De Guzman, who will also join Kumu’s Cosplay Party with Roxanne Kho and Zack Tolosa
- Komiket’s Komiks Fan Art Contest and Kumu’s BiggestToys Giveaway.
Kumu is partnering with SPOT Philippines, Esquire Philippines, SPIN Philippines, When In Manila, Teampcheng, Jerald’s Secret HQ, Grindsky Media, and Flash Antonio for this project.
Download the kumu app and follow @kumuph on Instagram to get the latest updates on this two-day expo.