GLOBAL – Campaigns for a wide range of brands, including Booking.com, Nike, TalkTalk and Uber are among the winners of the Best Use of Data category of WARC’s Media Awards 2019, a global case study competition recognising communications planning which has made a positive impact on business results.
A total of nine winners – one Grand Prix, two Golds, three Silvers and three Bronzes – have been awarded in the Best Use of Data category that highlights the role of data in an effective communications strategy.
The jury, chaired by Scott Marsden, SVP, Head of Marketing, Parachute, also awarded three Special Awards for particular areas of expertise: the Personalisation Award, for the best example of a campaign that used data to segment effectively; the Attribution Award, for the best example of a channel attribution model; and the Data-Driven Insight Award, for a campaign where data helped to identify the right audience at scale.
Capitalising on the increased customisability of its shoes, Vans used influencers to successfully broaden its appeal among teens and young adults in the US, generating both brand awareness and revenue.
Commenting on the Grand Prix winning campaign, jury member Benoit Weisser, Chief Strategy Officer, Ogilvy Asia, commented: “Vans went niche but also maximised a commercial audience, and data played a central role in unlocking that.”
The full winners list of the 2019 WARC Media Awards – Best Use of Data category is:
- Not Just One Creator · Vans · VF Corporation · Starcom, MRY · United States + Personalisation Award
- Next% – Speed is your currency · Nike · Mindshare China · China + Data-Driven Insight Award
- Digital Window Shopping · Sport Chek · FGL Sports · Touché! · Canada
- Econometrics optimisation · TalkTalk · m/SIX, The&Partnership · United Kingdom + Attribution Award
- From Couch to Coast · Central Coast · Tourism Central Coast · AFFINITY · Australia
- Uber Legends · Uber · FP7 McCann Dubai · Jordan, United Arab Emirates
- Real-Time Infection Alert System · Lifebuoy · Unilever · Mindshare Vietnam · Vietnam
- Data-proofed social campaign · Booking.com · Mindshare · China
- Using Google Search ads as a real-time news portal · ZEE5 · ZEE Entertainment Enterprise Ltd · Publicis Media, Equinox Digital · India
More information on this year’s WARC Media Awards – Best Use of Data winners is available here. The winners of the Effective Channel Integration, Effective Use of Partnerships & Sponsorships and Effective Use of Tech categories will be announced later this month.
The top winning papers of the WARC Media Awards share a $40,000 prize fund.