MANILA – ABS-CBN, the country’s leading media and entertainment company, continues to break new ground in the online world as its entertainment channel on YouTube has recently surpassed ten million subscribers, becoming the first-ever channel to do so in the country.
The channel is also one of the only three channels in Southeast Asia to have reached the milestone on the popular video-sharing platform, after Thai TV network Workpoint and Thai entertainment company GMM Grammy.
ABS-CBN Entertainment joined the eight-digit club on June 3 after five years of streaming program teasers and highlights, exclusive celebrity interviews and performances, updates about the network’s stars, and full episodes of Kapamilya teleseryes.
To recognize this milestone, ABS-CBN has been awarded by YouTube with the Diamond Creator Award, a silver-plated metal in the shape of the YouTube logo with a piece of crystal in the middle as the play button. It is given by YouTube to channels that pass ten million subscribers.
“Ten million is not just a number to us, it is testament to the fact that our content transcends platforms, and our partnership with YouTube allows us to reach our Kapamilyas and give them access to the content that they want. This feat also reassures us that we are on the right course in setting the company’s digital transformation, and we are more inspired than ever to produce content that serves different audiences with different needs and passions,” said Elaine Uy-Casipit, OIC-head of ABS-CBN’s digital media division.
“This is a historic milestone not only for ABS-CBN, but for the whole YouTube ecosystem in the Philippines. It is a testament to the strong partnership we have with ABS-CBN in supporting homegrown content and showcasing local talents to our platform’s global and engaged audiences. ABS-CBN’s success marks the rise of Filipino content and I look forward to celebrating more Creator Awards from the Philippines,” said Gautam Anand, YouTube Asia Pacific managing director.
ABS-CBN’s leadership on YouTube boosts ABS-CBN’s transition into being an agile digital company with the biggest online presence among all media companies, and a growing list of digital properties that appeal to a wide array of audiences.
ABS-CBN Entertainment is also the most viewed local YouTube channel with over 15 billion lifetime views. Its ten most viewed videos include the escalator accident from the series “Flordeliza,” the lyric videos of the ABS-CBN Christmas station IDs 2017 and 2014, the recording music video of the ABS-CBN Christmas station ID 2015, the ABS-CBN Christmas station ID 2009, and trending clips from “Till I Met You,” “Tubig at Langis,” “Pasion de Amor,” “Dyesebel,” and “All of Me.”
“ABS-CBN has long recognized the shifting landscape of digital media as well as the viewing behavior of the Filipino. With YouTube as our partner we have kept up with the evolving needs of our audience, especially of the elusive millennial market. And conversely, we as content producers gather as much insights for us to create and calibrate our multimedia offerings, and optimize as well the potential of YouTube’s dynamic video platform,” said ABS-CBN digital content publishing head Richard Reynante.
As of June 26, the ABS-CBN Entertainment channel on YouTube has 10.4 million subscribers.
Aside from ABS-CBN Entertainment, ABS-CBN also manages the country’s fifth most subscribed channel, ABS-CBN News, which has four million subscribers and recently passed three billion views. ABS-CBN’s top channels also include Star Cinema and Star Music, the most viewed and subscribed movie and music channels in the country.
In main image, the unboxing of ABS-CBN’s YouTube Diamond Creator Award with (L-R) Richard Reynante, Carlo Katigbak, YouTube’s Pablo Mendoza, Mark Lopez, Cory Vidanes, and Ging Reyes.
ABS-CBN Entertainment’s ten most watched videos:
- FlordeLiza: Escalator Accident – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRw8CaO1FxI
- ABS-CBN Christmas Station ID 2017 “Just Love Ngayong Christmas” Recording Lyric Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbN8UH8FBm8
- Till I Met You: Iris & Basti’s Passionate Love | Episode 42 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3giFi-yDfM
- Tubig at Langis: Secret video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xf0-uYVIE8
- Pasion de Amor: Bad memories – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC2trojraXY
- ABS-CBN Christmas Station ID 2015 “Thank You For The Love” Recording Music Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENRFQ2-y0AM
- ABS-CBN Christmas Station ID 2014 “Thank You, Ang Babait Ninyo” Lyric Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4aFwoNOa68
- ABS-CBN Christmas Station ID 2009 “Bro, Ikaw ang Star ng Pasko” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1nNUOMS14g
- Dyesebel episode: In Enemy Hands – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMq3EdbobNc
- All Of Me: Still not ready – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIAXRrRYl0Q