Campaign SpotlightPress Release

Campaign Spotlight: Air New Zealand Takes Native Birds Under its Wing, in their Latest Safety Video by PitchBlack Partners

NEW ZEALAND – Air New Zealand launched its latest safety video, A Journey to Safety, made by creative agency, Pitchblack Partners. The video highlights the impact of New Zealand’s biodiversity crisis through the story of a young girl who transports a lost takahē to his new home with help from Air New Zealand and the Department of Conservation (DOC).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps2SHQdj0H8&feature=youtu.be

The airline’s latest offering builds on its eight-year partnership with DOC. The two organisations have been working together since 2012 to help protect and enhance New Zealand’s natural environment. Under the partnership the airline has transported more than 3,200 threatened species to safe havens, funded pest traps across 38,000 hectares of the country, and supported marine science and research within New Zealand’s marine reserves.

Sponsor

Rising star Lily Roebuck is supported in the role of Janey by DOC Threatened Species Ambassador Nicola Toki, DOC ranger Jerry Henry-Finch, Air New Zealand crew members Danielle Griffioen, Henry McIntyre, Shelly Pretorius and Jordan Young, children of Air New Zealand employees, and a CGI takahē named Mr T.

New Zealand’s landscapes are also a feature of the video, with the Murchison Mountains in Fiordland, Tiritiri Matangi in the Hauraki Gulf and Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari in Waikato all making an appearance.

Air New Zealand’s General Manager Global Brand and Content Marketing, Jodi Williams, says the newest video is a charming story with a serious message behind it.

“While it’s lighthearted on the surface, it conveys a really important message – our native birds need our help. Our safety videos have collectively generated more than 180 million views over the past decade, so what better medium to shine a spotlight on New Zealand’s biodiversity crisis.”

“We’re really proud of the work we’re doing with DOC, and hope Kiwis and visitors alike will not only delight in our latest video, but take on the message behind it.”

Department of Conservation Threatened Species Ambassador, Nicola Toki, says right now is a globally significant time when it comes to New Zealand’s biodiversity crisis.

“The reality is, a huge number of our species are on the fast track to extinction. We’ve already lost 50 species of birds since humans arrived in New Zealand, and each year up to 25 million native birds are killed by introduced predators. Protecting our native taonga is a massive challenge, but one all Kiwis and businesses can be part of, by doing things like purchasing backyard traps and getting behind their local community groups.”

“We’re thrilled to have been able to work with Air New Zealand on their latest safety video. Our native species are part of our identity as Kiwis, and it’s so important to protect that.”

Air New Zealand’s partnership with DOC contributes to protecting approximately 30% of New Zealand’s natural environment, leaving 70% up to the rest of New Zealand. Find out more how you can make an effort for native species on their website.

 

 

Credits

Creative Agency: Pitchblack Partners

Production Company: Jetblack
Director: Josh Frizzell @ Eight
DOP: Darryl Ward
Editor: Tim Mauger
Animation: Toybox
Sound: Franklin Road
Music: Mahuia Bridgeman-Cooper

Client: Air New Zealand
General Manager Global Brand and Content Marketing: Jodi Williams
Senior Manager Brand Marketing: Erica Beagley
Brand Marketing Manager: Grace Blewitt
Senior Manager Content Marketing: Maria Ryan-Young
Content Delivery Manager: Saffron Jackson
Social Media Specialist: Nat Johnson

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button