NEW YORK — A total of 14 entries from China, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand have made the first-deadline shortlist for The One Show 2020 global awards, according to The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design.
The complete global shortlist for the period is available for download here. Deadline to enter The One Show 2020 is January 31, 2020.
Tencent Games in Shenzhen has four shortlisted entries for Honor of Kings: two each for “HOK & Dunhuang Culture: Murals Digital Restore H5” and “Honor of Kings with Ice and Snow World”. Goodzilla Shanghai has one for Jack Jones :8000km Runway” and McCann Health with Craft and GSK, all in Shanghai, has one for GlaxoSmithKline “Breath of Life”.
McCann Worldgroup Philippines with Craft Worldwide, both in Taguig, has two shortlisted entries for Johnson & Johnson Philippines “Life Inside Of You”, and GIGIL Manila has one for Unilever “SHOP2GIVE”.
Govt Singapore with WakeUpRabbit Bangkok has two shortlisted entries for Julie’s “The Translator”, and Fuse Adventures in Audio with BBH Asia Pacific, both in Singapore, has one for United Overseas Bank (UOB) “UOB Privilege Banking -Advice For All That Matters”.
Daiko Advertising Inc., Tokyo, has one for Ogasawara Islands Reversion 50th Anniversary Committee “OGASAWARA 50 COLORS”.
Leo Burnett Group Thailand, Bangkok, has one shortlisted entry for Thai Health Promotion Foundation “Bok Choy”.
Entries making the first-deadline shortlist advance to the final round of judging in March. The One Show 2020 finalists list will be announced in April in the lead up to the The One Show awards ceremony in May during Creative Week.
The full APAC list of finalists are:
- Govt, Singapore / Wakeup Rabbit, Bangkok for Julie’s with “The Translator” – Branded Entertainment
- Leo Burnett Group Thailand, Thailand for The Health Promotion Foundation with “Bok Choy” – Branded Entertainment
- GIGIL, Philippines for Unilever with SHOP2GIVE – Creative Effectiveness
- Tencent Games, Shenzhen for Honor of Kings with “Honor of Kings with Ice and Snow World” – Experiential & Immersive
- Tencent Games, Shenzhen for Honor of Kings with “Honor of Kings with Ice and Snow World” – Integrated
- Goodzilla, Shanghai for Jack Jones with “8000km Runway” – Film
- McCann Health / Craft / GSK China, Shanghai for GlaxoSmithKline with “Breath of Life” – Health, Wellness & Pharma
- McCann Worldgroup Philippines / Craft Worldwide, Philippines for Johnson & Johnson Philippines with “Life Inside You” – Health, Wellness & Pharma
- Daiko Advertising, Japan for Ogasawara Islands Reversion 50th Anniversary Committee with “Ogasawara 50 Colors” – IP & Products
- Tencent Games, Shenzhen for Honor of Kings with “HOK & Dunhuang Culture: Murals Digital Restore H5” – Mobile
- Fuse Adventures in Audio / BBH Asia Pacific / United Overseas Bank, Singapore for United Overseas Bank (UOB) with “UOB Privilege Banking -Advice For All That Matters” – Moving Image Craft
- Govt, Singapore / Wakeup Rabbit, Bangkok for Julie’s with “The Translator” – Moving Image Craft
- McCann Worldgroup Philippines / Craft Worldwide, Philippines for Johnson & Johnson Philippines with “Life Inside You” – Radio & Audio
- Tencent Games, Shenzhen for Honor of Kings with “HOK & Dunhuang Culture: Murals Digital Restore H5” – Social Media
Benefits of early entry
Introduced four years ago, The One Show early entry system benefits all parties involved in the process, including creative teams who submit entries, agency management responsible for awards budgeting, and judges who review the work in batches as it comes in.
“By submitting work when it’s fresh and top-of-mind, creative teams can more easily access materials while they are readily available and capitalize in real time on the work’s industry buzz,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity. “Agency management also gains a budgeting advantage by spreading awards spending over a 12-month period across two calendar years.
“From a judging perspective, the work is reviewed when it’s fresh and still topical, and jury members can give it greater attention because they’re reviewing smaller batches of entries,” he added.
The complete list of The One Show 2020 juries can be viewed here.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York every May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.