MANILA, PHILIPPINES – Officers and Directors of the Public Relations Society of the Philippines (PRSP) for 2019-2020 took their Oath of Office on March 11 at the Department of Tourism (DOT) in Makati City. DOT Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, as inducting officer, administered the oath and bore witness to the organization’s promise to strengthen the PR profession in the country while promoting the organization’s ideals and objectives.
“The PR industry plays a vital role in shaping the public’s mindset and developing our country’s image,” said Puyat. “I am glad that the Department of Tourism is fostering a relationship with the local PR industry. I know that you will be important partners in our goal to share with the world that indeed, it is more fun in the Philippines.”
This year, PRSP will focus on harnessing its internal strength, that is, expanding its base while ensuring that members get the maximum benefits from their membership.
“We will do this as we also firm up our partnership with international and local organizations to collaborate on projects and activities that will promote the welfare of public relations professionals and public relations as an industry and a potent player in economic advancement,” said PRSP President Andy B. Saracho, APR, who is also Assistant Vice President and Head of the Veterans Affairs Office of the Philippine Veterans Bank.
Aside from Saracho, the members of the newly-inducted PRSP Board of Directors are:
- Full Circle Communications Media Relations Head Paul Michael S. de Quiros as Vice President-Internal,
- Ardent Communications President Ana Ruby B. Pista as Vice President-External,
- Cebu Pacific Air Director for Corporate Communications Ma. Rosario L. Lagamon as Secretary,
- Ayala Foundation Senior Director for Corporate Communications Celerina R. Amores as Treasurer,
- Resins Inc. Corporate Communications Manager Bernard G. Bagaman, APR, as Internal Auditor,
- Isentia Manila Country General Manager Janine C. Dario, Insular Life Manager of PR Staff Jude C. Galford III, and Grupo Agatep President and Managing Director Norman Agatep, APR, as Directors.
- Completing the slate are Public Relations and Business Communications Consultant Ritzi Villarico-Ronquillo, APR, as Ex-Officio Director, and PageOne Group CEO Ronald F. Jabal, APR, and Dentsu Aegis Network Philippines Consultant Ramon R. Osorio, APR, as Advisers.