MANILA, PHILIPPINES — The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of the Philippines (4As) announced the return of the biggest awards show in the industry: the much anticipated Agency of the Year Awards (AOY). This year’s AOY signifies a landmark for the 4As, boasting 25 years of the highly coveted award.
To celebrate this incredible milestone, the 25th AOY is a tribute to the thriving advertising industry — one that has endured, evolved, and flourished in a world defined by change. The theme, “Beautiful Evolution,” evokes both power and magic. It imagines ad practitioners as electrifying creatures in the show’s signature colors of black and gold.
At the helm of the AOY 2023 Management Committee is Chair Tey San Diego, COO and Co-founder of Seven A.D. She is joined by:
- Vice Chair and Panel Head for Research & Independent Agency of the Year – Tates Garcia (Managing Partner of Over the Moon Communications)
- Panel Head for Creative – Kat Limchoc (Executive Creative Director at Blackpencil of the Leo Burnett Group, Lead Culture Officer of Publicis Groupe Philippines)
- Panel Head for Management of Business – Mio Chongson (President and COO at Ace Saatchi & Saatchi)
- Panel Head for Market Performance – Edg Samson (Managing Director of Dentsu One Manila)
- Panel Head for Industry Leadership and Community Service – Joy Garcia (COO of Octopus and Whale)
- Panel Head for Media Agency of the Year – Eugene Manalo (Managing Partner of The Huddle Room)
- Panel Head for Digital Agency of the Year – Mona Garcia (Managing Director of Ogilvy)
- Panel Head for Brand Experience – Yvonne Claudette Salcedo (Business Group Director of McCann Worldgroup)
- Panel Head for Production Excellence – Raymund Sison (Partner and Creative Chief of Propel Manila)
- Panel Head for The NextGen Award – Issa Ignacio (Strategic Planning Director of TBWA\SMP)
“We want the Agency of the Year Awards this year to be different from the past years because this, after all, is our 25th year of celebrating the award that matters. As in any milestone celebration, it calls for a bit of retrospection and a bit of anticipation on what the future may bring,” said Tey. “With that in mind, the management committee this year worked hard in evolving the rules and in coming up with a theme that reflects how we have changed and adapted as an industry. Personally, it makes me appreciate how we have grown despite (and because of) all the disruptions that we experienced from all fronts. I am excited to see how those experiences shape our entries this year.”
The AOY also announced three new categories:
- Best in Industry Leadership & Community Service, under Media Agency of the Year
- Post-Production, under Production Excellence Awards (an old category that AOY is bringing back
- Digital and Technology, under Production Excellence Awards
Touted as the Award that Matters, AOY celebrates and honors the best-performing creative, media, digital, and activation agencies as well as audio, film, and post-production houses in creative work, management of business, market performance, industry leadership, and community service. The awards show is open to independent agencies as well as network, with categories for both.