MANILA, PHILIPPINES — When it’s raining and gloomy outside, you just want to cuddle in bed and remain in your pajamas. It’s also the perfect weather to indulge in comfort food to warm us.
But what to cook? Well, just as AI can boost your productivity at work, it can also bring new ideas to your home life — particularly the kitchen. Meet Bard, Google’s AI. Available in over 40 languages, Bard can supercharge your imagination, boost your productivity, and help you bring new ideas into your daily life—whether you want help planning a party and drafting the invitation, or understanding really complex topics.
As for the kitchen, Bard can make recommendations and actual recipes because it has the ability to digest vast amounts of data, including food trends and ingredient combinations. Then the algorithms analyze this information to develop an understanding of flavor profiles and popular dishes.
AI does not replace humans in creating recipes, of course. But haven’t you ever been undecided on what to cook? Especially for parents or guardians cooking for their families, trying to come up with a menu can be time-consuming and a challenge, especially with picky kids. Well, Bard is here to complement your kitchen adventures and spark inspiration.
So we tested Bard (and you can too!) and asked it to come up with 30-minute recipes for rainy days. We’re impressed with the diverse dishes it returned, more so that these can be whipped up in half an hour. All you have to do on your end is to simply ask it; prompts like “What healthy recipes can I cook on a rainy day?” will be enough.
Will Bard get it right? Well, the proof is in the pudding — or in this case, in four dishes. To give you an idea of what it can come up with, here are some of Bard’s rainy-day suggestions:
- Chicken Noodle Soup: This classic comfort food is perfect and unbeatable for a rainy day. It’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking.
- Beef Stroganoff: While not on everyone’s common rainy-day comfort food checklist, this hearty beef dish is sure to warm you up on a rainy day. It’s also easy to make and can be served over rice or noodles.
- Pasta with Pesto Sauce: Got some leftover pesto sauce, as well as some pasta lying around? This quick and easy dish is also a great way to use up leftover pesto in a pinch, as all you have to do is boil the noodles and top it with the delicious sauce.
- Veggie Omelette: Or maybe you’re feeling like eggs. You can go healthy with this particular recipe that uses veggies as a filler in a hot and fluffy omelette, which is ideal for colder days.
- Grilled Salmon with Roasted Vegetables: There’s nothing like fish, too. If you’ve got some salmon in your freezer, thaw it out and throw it in the pan with some vegetables for a scrumptious and fishy rainy-day treat.
There are so many more recipes waiting for you when you ask Bard – you just have to know what to ask. It doesn’t even have to be for rainy days; you can ask for recipes and suggestions for all occasions.
Want to see what Bard has to show you? Try it yourself by clicking here.