MANILA, PHILIPPINES – Google Philippines recaps the most searched terms and queries that topped Filipinos’ curiosity for the month of April regarding COVID-19. The results reveal how Filipinos are using Google Search to cope with the community quarantine period and look for information about the pandemic. Below is the Google Trends results summary:
- Coronavirus is the 5th most searched term in the Philippines during April (behind YouTube, “Facebook,” “Translate,” and “MP3”). Search interest for the pandemic surged to a new high nationally, peaking on April 13.
- The region with the highest search interest over April is Central Visayas, followed by Eastern Visayas and Caraga.
- Among other trending topics over the month is the Department of Social Welfare and Development, which reached an all time high on 5 April.
- Top trending searches include:
- Meanwhile, Recipes, Bread, and Cake all surged to a record high during the month. Breakout related searches include:
The chart below shows Filipinos’ search interest for coronavirus this 2020 from January to date:
Most searched questions for coronavirus in April
- What is coronavirus?
- Is coronavirus airborne?
- Is there a cure for coronavirus?
- How many cases of coronavirus in the Philippines?
- When will coronavirus end?
- How to prevent coronavirus?
- What country has no coronavirus?
- When did coronavirus start?
- How to know if you have coronavirus?
- How does Taiwan control coronavirus?
Most searched coronavirus-related terms in April
- Coronavirus update
- Coronavirus Philippines
- Worldometer coronavirus
- Coronavirus symptoms
- Coronavirus stats
- Coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus death toll
- Coronavirus vaccine
- Italy coronavirus
- Coronavirus USA
Regions as ranked by search interest for coronavirus in April
- Central Visayas
- Eastern Visayas
- Northern Mindanao
- Zamboanga Peninsula
- Western Visayas
- Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao
- Cordillera Administrative Region
- Metro Manila
- Davao Region
Most searched terms by topic in April
Questions for symptoms
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- What are the mild symptoms of COVID-19?
- Is diarrhea a symptom of COVID-19?
- What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
- Ano ang mga sintomas ng coronavirus? (What are the symptoms of coronavirus?)
- What are the signs of pregnancy?
- How can you get infected with COVID-19?
- What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19?
- Dry throat means what?
- How many days before COVID-19 shows symptoms?
- Carbonara recipe
- Maja blanca recipe
- Pancake recipe
- Banana cake recipe
- Puto recipe
- Menudo recipe
- Leche flan recipe
- Pandesal recipe
- Chicken curry recipe
- Dalgona coffee recipe
Google Trends provides access to a largely unfiltered sample of actual search requests made to Google. It’s anonymized (no one is personally identified), categorized (determining the topic for a search query) and aggregated (grouped together). This allows Google to display interest in a particular topic from around the globe or down to city-level geography.
For more questions about the methodology, please visit this FAQ site