MANILA, PHILIPPINES – Cignal TV, Philippines’ premier Direct To Home (DTH) satellite provider with 132 channels including free-to-air, SD and HD channels, and 17 audio channels nationwide, today announced its support of Unified ID 2.0 initiative. Initially developed by The Trade Desk, Unified ID 2.0 is a new industry-wide approach to internet identity that has been designed from the consumer’s perspective, upgrading privacy and control for consumers, while preserving the value of relevant advertising. The ID is an upgraded alternative to third-party cookies.
With its planned integration with Unified ID 2.0, Cignal TV will join leading media companies and technology providers in this new identity initiative, at a time when beta testing for Unified ID 2.0 has begun in Asia and continues to gain global momentum. As the leading Connected TV provider in the Philippines with over three million household viewership, Cignal TV is expected to expand the footprint for Unified ID 2.0 significantly in the Philippines.
Powered by technology that encrypts and hashes consumers’ email addresses for their protection, Unified ID 2.0 will be governed by an independent group to preserve neutrality and independence. Key elements of Unified ID 2.0 include:
- A simplified consent framework for publishers – explaining the value exchange of relevant advertising for consumers, and providing greater control for publishers • Encrypted identification – a major upgrade over current cookie technology that will include a hashed and encrypted ID with improved accountability measures, as well as third-party audit controls
- Simple and transparent consumer controls, with the ability to manage participation • Single sign on capabilities across the open internet – so consumers don’t have to consent repeatedly
Unified ID 2.0 provides a variety of ways for participating publishers to maintain control of their first-party data, including integration with existing user logins, as well as single sign-on and alternate SSO solutions. Publishers can use these standards to build and maintain trust with their users such as aligning a common approach for consent and offering a framework for user transparency and control.
“We are thrilled to be participating in this industry effort to offer marketers a new common currency for digital advertising,” said JC Medina, Vice President and Head of Digital.
Innovations, Cignal TV. “As marketers look at ways to better connect with their consumers who want more user control, Unified ID 2.0 is a next-generation identity solution that is privacy conscious and transparent.”
“The opportunity Unified ID 2.0 presents for Connected TV has taken a big step forward with this announcement. As Unified ID 2.0 operates across advertising channels including mobile, audio, browsers, OTT/TV apps and devices with a single ID, marketers and publishers can better understand their audiences across platforms. This is why Cignal TV’s support for Unified ID 2.0 will not only enhance the Connected TV advertising ecosystem, it will also help to improve the digital advertising experiences across all digital media.” said Mitch Waters, Senior Vice President, The Trade Desk.
For more information about Unified ID 2.0, please visit the Unified ID solution site.
- Insight: Filipinos stream 2 billion hours of OTT per month, let’s talk about the new OTT landscape
- adobo Talks: Advertising goes over-the-top: evolving creativity for an OTT age
- Events: ‘Stepping Into The Stream’, industry experts weigh in on the state of OTT advertising in the Philippines
- Insight: The Trade Desk unveils research showing 55 percent of Filipino viewers are streaming more OTT video content because of COVID-19