NEW YORK — The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design, today announced that four creatives leaders from Asia will serve as judges for the Advertising and Interactive disciplines of the prestigious ADC 97th Annual Awards.
Melvin Mangada, chief creative officer at TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno in Manila, Philippines and Guan Hin Tay, global executive creative director, J. Walter Thompson Singapore will serve as judges on the Advertising jury.
Melvin Mangada of TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno
Guan Hin Tay of J. Walter Thompson Singapore
Selected for the Interactive jury were Lili Jiang, creative director, Cheil Worldwide Hong Kong and Yasuharu Sasaki, head of digital creative, executive creative director at Dentsu Inc. in Tokyo, Japan.
Lili Jiang of Cheil Worldwide Hong Kong
Yasuharu Sasaki of Dentsu Inc.
A total of 32 creatives from 12 countries were announce for the Advertising, Interactive and Motion/Film Craft disciplines. They will judge work from around the world based on the show’s historic focus of honoring excellence in craft, design and innovation. Entries can be submitted via http://www.adcawards.org, deadline is January 31, 2018.
The juries are as follows:
- Greg Hahn, chief creative officer, BBDO New York, New York, NY, USA (jury chair)
- Greg Braun, deputy, global chief creative officer, Commonwealth//McCann, Detroit, MI, USA
- Melvin Mangada, chief creative officer, TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno, Manila, Philippines
- Jens Mortier, partner, creative director, Mortierbrigade Belgium, Brussels, Belgium
- Ramzi Moutran, founder, creative director, Do Epic, Dubai, UAE
- Jenny Nicholson, group creative director, McKinney, Durham, NC, USA
- Helen Pak, president, chief creative officer, Grey Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Eka Ruola, CEO, executive creative director, hasan & partners Group, Helsinki, Finland
- Chaka Sobhani, chief creative officer, Leo Burnett London, London, UK
- Guan Hin Tay, global executive creative director, J. Walter Thompson Singapore, Singapore
- Susan Young, executive creative director, McCann New York, New York, NY, USA
- Debbi Vandeven, global chief creative officer, VML, Kansas City, MO, USA (jury chair)
- Valentina Culatti, managing director, UNIT9, London, UK
- Wayne Deakin, independent creative director, London, UK
- Michael Frease, executive vice president, group creative director, DigitasLBi, Chicago, IL, USA
- Mike Geiger, cofounder, CEO, Wolfgang LA, Venice, CA, USA
- Nacho Gil, vice president, creative, Vice US Hispanic & Latin America, New York, NY, USA
- Aaron Griffiths, global creative lead, Creative Shop @ Facebook & Instagram, New York, NY, USA
- Luciana Haguiara, digital creative director, AlmapBBDO, São Paulo, Brazil
- Lili Jiang, creative director, Cheil Worldwide Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Dinushi Perrera, associate creative director, AKQA, New York, NY, USA
- Iggy Rodriguez, group creative head, Leo Burnett Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Yasuharu Sasaki, head of digital creative, executive creative director, Dentsu Inc., Tokyo, Japan
- Stephanie Apt, president, Final Cut, New York, NY, USA (jury chair)
- Maryanne Butler, creative director, Framestore, New York, NY, USA
- Conor Byrne, director, Hungry Man, New York, NY, USA
- Nicolas Heller, commercial director, documentarian, HELLER Films, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Maggie Meade, managing partner, Sibling Rivalry Studio, New York, NY, USA
- Synderela Peng, creative director, motion & digital design, FX Networks, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Jon Noorlander, executive creative director, Method Studios, New York, NY, USA
- David Rolfe, director of integrated production, BBDO New York, New York, NY, USA
- Anne Skopas, executive producer, BUCK, New York, NY, USA
“For nearly a century, the ADC Cube has been awarded for work based on excellence in craft, design and innovation,“ said Michael O’Rourke, executive director, ADC, part of The One Club for Creativity. “This strong tradition is alive and well in the hands of this year’s jury members who are recognized creative leaders in their fields.”
New tiered pricing structure
A significant change to this year’s awards program is a tiered pricing structure designed to make it easier for smaller agencies, studios and freelancers to participate. Companies with 21 or more employees pay the standard entry fee; smaller shops with from 2 to 20 employees get a discount on entries (amount varies by discipline) and freelance creatives and one-person shops are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
The new tiered pricing structure helps level the playing field and makes it easier for smaller studios and independent designers, photographers, illustrators and typographers to get their work judged by an all-star creative jury and elevated on a global stage. It also reflects The One Club’s mission to support and celebrate the success of the entire global creative community regardless of company size or location.
ADC Annual Awards juries focus on craft, design and innovation, while juries for The One Club for Creativity’s One Show Awards judge work based on creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
Judging takes place in March, with finalists announced in April in lead up to the ADC 97th Annual Awards Ceremony on May 7, 2018 as part of Creative Week in New York.
For more information about the ADC 97th Annual Awards, please visit http://www.adcawards.org.